Is your Nursery or Reception child looking to join Moorside in September 2024?
Our Open Evening took place on the 3rd October 2023.
For those that were unable to make this date, we have visits available on a number of dates in November which we have detailed below. If you would like to attend one of our sessions, please contact the school office on 0161 808 0182 to book a place.
- 14th, 16th, 21st and 23rd November at 2pm.
At the visit you will be greeted by the Phase Leader of our Early Years proision who will give you a tour of our space and answer any questions you may have.
We are always delighted to welcome our new children and parents to our family and school community when joining Moorside Community Primary School for the new academic year.
The information here will hopefully answer some of the questions that you have about your child starting school with us. In the coming weeks before you join us we will be in touch with you with further details about your child's induction.
We will talk to any pre-school and nursery settings, to find out where your child is in their learning. We will also be talking to you directly to find out about your child's preferences; things they particularly enjoy, find difficult etc. These conversations usually take place within the context of stay and play visits to school in the summer term.
Below are some key links which you will find helpful in preparation for your child starting with us:
- 30 hours provision: https://www.gov.uk/apply-30-hours-free-childcare
- Lunches/Menu: https://www.moorsideprimary.net/parents/school-dinners/
- Uniform info: https://www.moorsideprimary.net/parents/uniform/
- Seesaw (Communication): https://www.moorsideprimary.net/parents/communication/
Further information for parents such as information on school dinners and Parent Pay (our cashless system) can be found on the Parents tab on our website. Individual log-ins for Parent Pay are provide once your child is on roll and has begun to attend Moorside.
Early Years Foundation Stage
In Nursery and Reception our curriculum follows the guidance set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. We have worked hard over a number of years to develop a research-based child-led approach that ensures all of our children get the best possible start to their education and leave Reception as confident, resilient and inspired learners. More details of our approach can be found on our curriculum page.
For families requiring wrap-around care we offer an onsite before and after-school club. Moorside Plus is run by Moorside Community Primary School and is situated in the Key Stage One Breakout Areas. It is open to all children attending the school. We aim to provide high-quality, stimulating care in a safe and secure environment outside of school hours.
Further information can be found on the Moorside Plus page on our website https://www.moorsideprimary.net/our-school/moorside-plus/
Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact our Moorside Plus lead, Sandra, on 07493399626
Moorside Plus Club Times and Cost per session
Moorside Plus Morning Session
7.30am – 8.50am - Breakfast and drink £3.50
Moorside Plus Afternoon Session
3.15pm – 5.45pm - Drinks and snack £7.50
Moorside Plus Holidays (Full day only providing a minimum of 16 children attend)
8.15am – 5.45pm - Drinks, Mid-morning snack and Mid-afternoon snack £20
Please provide your child with a healthy packed lunch.
Useful resources to help you support your child’s transition to school
· Starting Primary School - The BBC have put together some articles, videos and resources to support you and your child with starting primary school. - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1
· Tiny Happy People - Activities and rhymes to support child development from birth to five - https://www.bbc.co.uk/tiny-happy-people/activities/zjh8hbk
· Hungry Little Minds - Ideas for activities to support children from birth to five - https://hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk/