For help and support from your local council, you may find the answers you are looking for at your local Gateway Centre.
Our local Gateway Centre is Swinton.
100 Chorley Road
Swinton Gateway is centrally located on the site of the old Crompton House very close to Swinton Shopping Centre. There is easy access to public transport outside the centre on the A6 Chorley Road and Partington Lane and Swinton railway station is within walking distance on Station Road.
There is a pay and display car park at the front of the building.
- Monday to Thursday between 8am and 10pm
- Friday between 8am and 7.30pm
- Saturday between 9am and 1pm
- Sunday closed
What's on offer
- Adult and children's library service
- Children's centre
- City West housing services
- Council services
- Health services
- Information and advice
- Accessible toilets on all floors
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Five bays for disabled parking at the front of the building
- Hearing loop at ground floor reception
- Higher and lower counters at the ground floor reception
- Lifts to all floors
- Portable hearing loop available
- Baby change room
- Baby feed room
- Bookable community rooms
- Public toilets
- Vending machines for drinks and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Printing and scanning
- Public access computers
0161 793 2500
The Gateway can also help with Council Services such as;
- Council tax
- Housing benefits
- Library service
- Disabled parking badges
- Free school meals
- Salford customer account registrations
- Salford discretionary support scheme applications
- School admissions
Assistance is also available for the following:
- Booking community rooms
- Booking computers
- General building and service enquiries
- Self service
- Sending and receiving faxes
Swinton Gateway is not a walk in centre. Most of the health service clinics are by appointment only and patients are referred to these services from a variety of sources including doctors and other health professionals.
Audiology is not a drop in or self referral service. New patients are accepted following referral from a general practitioner and existing hearing aid users are seen by appointment only. The contact details for appointments and general audiology enquiries are:
- Telephone: 0161 206 1571 or 206 1568 or 206 1569 from Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm
- Fax: 0161 211 7453
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearing aid batteries can be collected from the second floor reception. Please bring your brown hearing aid record book with you.
The emergency podiatry clinic is held every Tuesday afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.00pm for patients who have painful foot problems and are unable to wait for a routine appointment. If you feel you need to attend the emergency clinic please ring 0161 212 5100 before 11am on the day you wish to attend. This clinic can be busy and you may have to wait. Please report to the second floor reception on arrival.
Sexual health clinics
The contraception and sexual health clinic is held every Monday from 2pm to 8pm. The clinic provides contraception, emergency contraception, free condoms, pregnancy testing, sexual health advice and screening. For more information or to book an appointment phone 0161 206 1099/1094.